Sunday, April 6, 2008

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Today I woke up c-razy late, 11:23 a.m. But I didn't fall asleep until after 3 last night so I guess it's really not that bad :) When I woke up I had a big hunk of pumpkin bread. I've just been slowly working through it all weekend. I have about a half of a loaf left. I haven't even been using any of the spreads I planned, the bread has just been so delicious on it's own.

Then my friends invited me over for pancakes and eggs, but I had my heart set on some oatmeal this morning so I decided to wait it out. Unfortunately though I kept drinking coffee the whole time I was there and now I am on complete fried out overload. I hate it when this happens but I know it won't last long.

100_0954
My oatmeal was well worth the wait! I made Kath's Carrot Cake Oatmeal today. It was sooo good! I toyed around with the recipe a little, adding some traditional carrot cake spices, mashed banana instead of the mango, and no nuts or coconut as I am out of them.

This is my roommate Anna's cute mug that I sometimes drink too much coffee out of!
100_0961

This afternoon I have work, I am a muffin baker/cake writer-on-er at a grocery store bakery. It's not my ideal job, and I hate that I sell such processed foods, but the hours are great and baked goods do make people happy. Yesterday I informed my boss that I would need to cut down on my availability (ie. move towards quitting) as I just got a new job babysitting! I'm excited and eager to be moving away from the bakery, though I will definitely miss my co-workers. Work always seems to take a lot out of me so my roommate Anna offered to cook me a delicious dinner tonight. I'll be home too late for us to eat together but she'll be saving me some of her Moroccan Chicken Stew. I'm going to ask for/post the recipe tonight. It's delicious and I'm sure you might be able to try substituting: chik'n strips, seitan, tempeh, or tofu. I hope someone will get adventurous and try it! and for all you omnis there is just no excuse, it is that good!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Carrot cake oatmeal = heaven in a bowl.

Haha, I LOVE your roommate's mug!! It features an aspect of my favorite city :0)