Monday, April 21, 2008

Trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joes

After a hectic week of babysitting I had really been looking forward to going grocery shopping all week. Despite the fact that it is nearly an hour a way I LOVE going to Whole Foods. The Whole Foods I go to is right next door to what my friends call the Faraway Trader Joes as opposed to the Trader Joes near our school. It's also the only grocery store in the area that sells wine and alcohol. I bought some of my favorites at Whole Foods: Vanilla Hempmilk, Honey Roasted Peanut Butter, and Whipped Cottage Cheese. One of the best purchases I made were Whole Foods brand veggie chips. I think they've been featured on Jenna's blog and they are SO GOOD. Not really good for you but they're like crack. I have to force myself to walk away from them and stop eating.

Whenever I go to Whole Foods I have to get the salad bar and Sunday was no exception. It's great to be able to try a little bit of so many different things.

HPIM0595

Anna got sushi and I was jealous. Luckily she let me have one.

HPIM0596

Anna also wanted me to take a picture of her favorite seltzer water: Adirondack Cranberry Lime. It really is good and she drinks a lot of it. They should sponsor her: Adirondack the official beverage of Anna.

HPIM0597

After snacking on a million veggie chips eventually I was hungry for dinner. I had a delicious fresh salad and a few slices of cheese I bought at the store. It was my first time trying to Taleggio and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's creamy but still substantial and flavorful.

HPIM0600

HPIM0601

With my salad I had some hummus that I homemade over the weekend. It doesn't look like much but I don't think I'll be going back to store bought hummus again.
HPIM0602
Tomorrow I'm planning on making some red lentil soup and doing a cookbook review. See you then!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Whole Foods is practically my second-home, haha - they know me there by name!! I'm fortunate to have on located in walking-distance of my house. I'd say it's definitely worth the drive for you! Glad you like it just as much :0) Unfortunately, my Trader Joe's is very unkempt, and the people who work there aren't very knowledgeable about their products, so I avoid going there :0(

Can't wait to read about your red-lentil soup and cookbook review! :0)

Anonymous said...

I adore Whole Foods!!