Friday, April 4, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

100_0943

When Kath posted a recipe for super doughy pumpkin bread I knew I had to try it. So this morning I baked up a loaf right when I woke up. Of course I had to make a few changes to the recipe: I used a 1/4 c. of maple syrup instead of one T. because I wanted my bread sweeter. This was not the best idea as I'm not sure I could even taste the mapley-ness :) I also spiced my bread like a recipe I already love for pumpkin bread, Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread. These spices kind of overwhelmed the bread so I think next time I would definitely scale them back some. All in all though I am incredibly pleased with the recipe and I am sure I will be enjoying it through out the week. It's a great healthy bread with awesome nutritionals, 5g of fiber and only 189 cals in one slice bread! I made it a little less healthy this morning by adding some smart balance and a bit of maple syrup.

100_0945
My mind is running wild with all the different ways I can serve it: with brown sugar and cinnamon, with a quick cinnamon maple butter, with cream cheese, with whipped cottage cheese, with honey roasted p.b.! I can't wait!

1 comment:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hey, I just found your blog, and I love it :o).

And I lived in Philadelphia for many years too :o)