Friday, March 21, 2008

Getting Caught Up...Sort Of

Today was a bit crazy so there won't be any food pictures but there will be a list from a super successful grocery store trip! Most of my friends were going home to today for Easter weekend but my roommate A and I were sticking around. Neither of us have class on Fridays so this seemed the perfect opportunity for some adventure.

We both slept in late and then decided to hit up Dunkin Donuts on our way out for breakfast (see I'm not healthy all the time :) ) I had a half french vanilla, half hot chocolate coffee made with skim milk and I got a pumpkin muffin I only ate about half the muffin and I saved the rest for later.

Then we went to do some shopping. First to Loehmann's which is a higher end discount designer store and then to the Natick Collections aka the mall. I got an incredibly cute t shirt and tried on a bunch of stuff that I loved but can't afford right now.

The mall is about an hour away from where we live and on the way home we pass two of my favorite places in the world: Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. We have a Trader Joe's that is nearer to school but no Whole Foods so I get sooo excited when I get to go there! Whole Foods was first and I got:
-Whipped cottage cheese
-A bunch of perectly ripe bananas
-Whole Foods hummus
- Vanilla Hemp Milk
-Bionaturae Mixed Berry Jam
-Honey Roasted fresh made peanut butter!!!!!!!!!!
-Irene's Raspberry Hamenstachen (jam cookies that are eaten to celebrate the Jewish holiday Purim)
We also had one of my favorite dinners, the salad bar of at whole foods. So good I wish I could eat it every day!
Then we went to Trader Joe's where we stocked up on wine and some fun food. I got:
-I got 4 bottle of wine: a Hahn Syrah, Alamos Pinot Noir, Erath Pinot Noir, and a Cava Brut.
-Some Ginger Chews
-Nuts about Raspberries Trail Mix
- Lara Apple Pie Bar
-European Style Plain Non fat yogurt
-Some Coconut Date Rolls
At home we finished off the night with watching Across the Universe and enjoying one of the hamenstachen and a cup of decaf coffee. An excellent end to a very good day!


No comments: