Tuesday, March 18, 2008


Still no bananas, which meant no oatmeal this morning :( I decided to go for a little bit of a lighter breakfast because I'm planning on having a big lunch and I had somethings that I am trying to finish up. So this was a cereal morning...I had a 1/2 c. of Honey Bunches of Oats and a 1/2 c. of All Bran Strawberry Medley. Neither of these are cereals that I would really recommend to anyone. Honey Bunches of Oats is good but low on nutrition value. I had high hopes for the All Bran which has ten grams of fiber serving but it tastes really fakely strawberry. This fake taste may be due to the fact that it has High Fructose Corn Syrup!!!!! ugggh I definitely should have checked the label twice on that one! After these cereals are finished or if it goes too long thrown out, I'll definitely be back to my old reliable Kashi cereals. I topped my cereal with a little plain yogurt and some Bionaturae Mixed Berry Jam. I also had a cup of hot cocoa this morning as a little extra treat.

My quesadilla yesterday was so delicious I just had to have another for lunch today! This time I just made it with half a flaxseed pita and some shredded cheese. On the side I had a salad with avocado, red pepper and onions with my mustard-vinegar dressing. I also had a valencia orange which was perfectly ripe!

My class this afternoon always brings snacks and I usually have to pass as they are almost always processed cookies and chips, but today someone brought a big fruit plate and a bag of baby carrots. I had some pineapple, grapes and a ton of carrots. The perfect snack!

Tonight I made dinner for myself and my roomate, A. She and I both love fish so we often enjoy it together. Tonight we had Cajun Wild Salmon from Trader Joe's, it was good but I a little oddly fishy tasting for me. I prefer their Seasoned Turbot Filets. On the side we each had about a cup of Olive Oil and Roasted Garlic Couscous and a side salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, and red pepper. I had mine with my usual dressing. You can tell I really love my salads, I've been averaging two a day!
For dessert I had Trader Joe's natural sandwich cookie. A says she might make some No Pudge brownies tonight so I'll have an extra special treat when I get back from the library.
These past few days have been hectic so expect even more exciting meals from me later. I have big plans to try a twist on Carmelized Tofu and ED&BV's Sweet Potato Lentil Chili everyone has been raving about!

No comments: